I’ve moved across the painting to work on the skull of the angel, which really needs some help. I’ll have to rework the bottom of it because the upper jaw’s teeth are too low and irritating me beyond belief, so I’ll bring them up toward the nose a little, correcting the error and widening the opening of the mouth. Inside the mouth is pretty vague right now, so I’ll have to set up the skeleton for reference again, this time keeping the mandible in place with a line from below, not inside. I fixed the placement of the eye sockets and re-rendered the right hand one to a satisfactory state, while the left one still needs some work. Â Generally speaking the work looks like it’s going to be effective, brightening the bone and making the skull jump forward from the sky. The paint is getting thicker and richer, with some nice vibrations appearing between the different layers of subtle colour changes.