The gallery is well on the way towards having the show installed. I picked up nine sheets of cheap luaun from the Home Depot, ready for the floor covering of gravel, and used the truck to move some of the paintings to the space. I decided that I can’t worry about the Alchemy conference choices Â as a predetermining quality for the paintings in this show, so I’m going to just make this show look fantastic, then take the works I need for the alchemy conference out for that weekend. I’ll show all three of the new seven foot wide pieces downstairs, then the crucifixion upstairs.Â
As the Crow Flies is half way hung, but the paint isn’t dry on the pieces I did yesterday. It takes longer for paint to dry when it’s over gold, it seems, presumably because the metal prevents it from absorbing into the ground. Cameron helped me to get the paintings hung, looking good so far. Katie Chunko showed up and was a great help fixing hangers into the panels, which made things go much faster.
The motor is suspended but it rocks as it turns, so I’ll need to figure out how to make it steady. I’ll place a wooden circle under it so there’s a solid and cleanable surface to stack the grails upon.
The paintings look good. I’m really pleased to see them in a bigger space, as I don’t think I’ve seen them all together except in the studio.Â