The first of the eight by eights has been washed with distilled water and now leans against the studio wall drying. I hope that Ethan will be able to help me with the gesso tomorrow so that I can start drawing sooner rather than later. Â I didn’t get much painting done today, although I did put a layer of Sap Green over the white feathers I painted yesterday, and dropped in the blues and Iron Oxide Red “eyes”. I need to darken the new feathers to balance them with the rest of the wings, and I also need to pop some white highlights into the blues so I can put a little bright turquoise onto them.
This evening I visited the space where the Virtues painting is going to go, measuring the dimensions and making a very rough sketch of the layout. I’m very optimistic about the potential of the painting, which should work very well in this location.