The extraction of sandstone seems to have worked, producing a pale yellow coloured tincture. I suspect that the amount of organic oils that we have pulled is very tiny, and we’ll end up with only a couple of drops of actual extracted essence after distillation. I hope to get to the distillation of both tinctures tomorrow. I’m very pleased with the results of this adventure into practical alchemy, and looking forward to the mineral alchemy processing the remaining stone and distilling the smoke that comes over when we get it really hot. I met an alchemist who does the mineral work while in Vegas at the Alchemy conference (where we found Red Rock canyon, the location of the sage and stone which is the subject of this alchemical process) he described the process in his lecture, so I know roughly how to do it, and that it bears fruit. I want to do some study of the work so that I understand exactly what needs to be done, so this might have to wait for a while.
This entry was posted in Alchemical work, Life, Making work, Sources. Bookmark the permalink.