I’ve put a glaze of Sap Green with occasional dabs of Iron Oxide to the leaves, then added shadows of black to the edges of the leaves and around the rocks, which has made everything sit together much more effectively. A good solid days work so far, which I hope to continue this evening.
I picked up a thirty foot canvas yesterday afternoon, ready to stretch onto the wall tomorrow so I can start working on the big painting that I’ll be doing with my class next semester. I’m excited about working with them in this way; it’s a different methodology than anything I’ve tried before, and I’m very curious to see how well it works. I’m going to do the drawing, shoot photos, then the class will render the work onto the canvas, making sure that there is consistency of style in the finished work, in much the same way that the old masters worked with their apprentices.