The work today began with the crow piece, to which I added the second more refined layer of grey work to get the figure closer to the finished rendering before the colour work goes down. I’m pretty content with him right now, but I think one more go at it will really do the trick. I’m not sure what happened, but I forgot to photograph the painting as it is after todays en grisaille work, so I’ll post it tomorrow.
After getting the figure work down I turned my attention to the Geomantic man, who has benefitted immensely from some definition in black of the bottom half of the painting in particular. I don’t particularly like the face, and I’d like to rework the entire head to become more stylized, in keeping with the rest of the body.
Some detail shots of the man.Â
I’ve been thinking through how this is all going to work in the exhibit, and I’m committing to laying down tape on the solstice line, then hanging the paintings accordingly. This may result in an odd arrangement of the room, should be fun to reorganize the space for a while.